Google

The Narrow Minded Christian

God is narrow minded: 1 God 1 Way NO EXCEPTIONS. Jesus Christ is the ONLY door to salvation John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. "

Name:
Location: United States

Favorite composer: Debussy; Favorite artist: Monet; Favorite old author: Charles Dickens

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The perspective of death

I am standing upon the seashore.

A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength.

I stand and watch her until at length she hangs
like a speck of white cloud just where the sea
and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she
is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my
side says: "There, she is gone!"

There are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad
shout:

"Here she comes!"

And that is dying.


~Henry Scott Holland~
A MountainWings Moment #7291

Top of Page

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home