Google

The Narrow Minded Christian

God is narrow minded: 1 God 1 Way NO EXCEPTIONS. Jesus Christ is the ONLY door to salvation John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. "

Name:
Location: United States

Favorite composer: Debussy; Favorite artist: Monet; Favorite old author: Charles Dickens

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lord, prop us up!

Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old
deacon who always prayed, Lord, prop us up on
our leanin' side.'

After hearing him pray that prayer many times,
someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so
fervently.

He answered,

'Well sir, you see, it's like this....I got an old barn
out back. It's been there a long time, it's withstood a
lot of weather, it's gone through a lot of storms,
and it's stood for many years.

It's still standing, but one day I noticed it was leaning
to one side a bit. So I went and got some pine poles and
propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn't fall.

Then I got to thinking 'bout that and how much I was
like that old barn.

I been around a long time, I've withstood a lot of life's
storms, I've withstood a lot of bad weather in life,
I've withstood a lot of hard times, and I'm still standing
too.

But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time,
so I like to ask the Lord to prop us up on our leaning side,
'cause I figure a lot of us get to leaning, at times.'

Sometime we get to leaning toward anger, leaning
toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning
toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that
we shouldn't, so we need to pray,

'Lord, prop us up on our leaning

side,' so we will stand straight

and tall again, to glorify the

Lord.

~Author Unknown~

Top of Page

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home