Google

The Narrow Minded Christian

God is narrow minded: 1 God 1 Way NO EXCEPTIONS. Jesus Christ is the ONLY door to salvation John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. "

Name:
Location: United States

Favorite composer: Debussy; Favorite artist: Monet; Favorite old author: Charles Dickens

Friday, June 02, 2006

Fear is the beginning of wisdom....

A couple of years ago, as assistant manager at a store, I was sent to the bank to deliver a deposit.On my route there I spotted a yard sale. To my surprise there sat something I had been looking for.

Against my better judgment, I decided to stop. After all, I could lock the bag up in the car and be safe. This I did. I got out, shut my door, then... I heard the buzzer still buzzing. Just as the door tightly shut I realized what that buzzing sound meant.

That's right; the keys were still in the ignition. Now what to do? This was not very responsible on my part. The sickly feeling turned my nervous stomach at the thought of having to call the manager and explain what had happened. The fear that engulfed me was awful. She would be so upset with me. I probably would lose my job.

Mostly it was the fear. I borrowed a phone, made the call to her and got someone on the way to open the door. Standing beside my car waiting, the Lord spoke something so clear to me that day.

He said,"Do you fear Me like you do man?"

from Mountain Wings #6153

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one just spoke volumes to me. We don't fear the Lord, His power, His awesomeness like we should.

Mountain Wings have a lot of wonderful "stories" like this one. Be sure to visit!


Top of Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home